Follow me on my wonderful adventure of finding my inner cowgirl.And who knows maybe when this adventure is over I will be able to proudly call myself a cowgirl.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Homemade Orange Cleaner


  In my humble attempt at only eating NON processed foods,I have so many kitchen scraps.I know composting is a wonderful thing..but I have chickens and they are loving all my fruit and veggie scrapes.
 For whatever reason they refuse my orange peels,they want nothing to do with them.So I decided to google (google is awesome) what I could do with them,seems such a waste to just throw them out..hahahahahaha I'm sounding like a hoarder.Ok back to the point...orange peels have orange oils.Those oils are what is in those orange cleaners I'm forever spending good money on.DID you know can can make that?With pretty much garbage..truly a trash to treasure.

 Grab something to put your peels in(I used a mason jar,because I love mason jars)Anything with a lid should work.Fill it with orange peels.Once stuffed full add vinegar..then just leave alone for two weeks.SIMPLE as that.Then just remove the peels and you now have ORANGE CLEANER..so simple and easy. And so low cost I mean you were going to just throw those peels out anyways.

 helpful hint..you can store your orange peels in the fridge until you have enough to add the vinegar.It took me about 3 days to eat enough oranges..maybe it will take you less time..not judging you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment