Follow me on my wonderful adventure of finding my inner cowgirl.And who knows maybe when this adventure is over I will be able to proudly call myself a cowgirl.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Egg hunt 2010...Ride in the back with the kids....

Ok so I'm just trying to play catch up with what has happened so far while the COWBOY was away.
 So every year the cowboy and I have a great Egg hunt for the kids.We love it and look forward to it every single year.However there is alot of work involved with this.My friends and I fill all the plastic eggs with goodies for the kids(and drink while we do this..no reason to add that other then I really like to drink while we fill the eggs,lol)
 And the Cowboy worked on getting the ranch ready..I never knew just how much work he did..till he wasn't here to do it.Normaly our feild is "clear"of cow patties..This year however when it came time to hide the eggs...my friends and I just looked apon the poo filled field..and then and there the cowboy was greatly missed.However we still hid those eggs..and thankfully the kids didn't have such a crappy time,lol
  Then there was the BONFIRE we always have a fire..you just can't roast peeps without a fire.Thankfully I still had a dried out Christmas tree laying around..and WOW did that baby burn.So fire done..woohoo
 Thats when I saw the greatest thing in the world...my friend Linda's husband was shoveling POOP..so the fire ring area was clear of the poop...I bet he really missed the COWBOY,lol
 
 Now the cowboy would do hayrides for the kids...me I rigged a scaled down ride,I used the trailwagon and a small trailor.Worked just fine...However the Cowboy tends to really plan well..me on the other hand..I'm a fly by the seat of my pants girl..no real thought at all...I take the NIKE slogan JUST DO IT to heart.And doing so..I didn't think out the rides course..we just DID IT.
About halfway thru the ride we ended up in a flooded area.Holy moly water coming inside the wagon..wheels spinning not really going anywhere..for a second I was just frozen with fear..thinking THE COWBOY IS GONNA KILL ME...one of the last things he said was don't break anything...Then My friend Linda sitting next to me says JUST FLOOR IT..snapped me back to reality and I just DID IT..I floored that baby and we made it..only to get to the other side that had just as much water.....I kept it floored the whole time.And when the ride was over.....everyone in the back was covered in a layer of MUD..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
 My friends who insisted on riding in front truely know the fact that I don't think things thru...and they were safe...but Laura kept freaking out that Linda was spilling her wine on her..seemed pretty funny when the ride was over..Laura is saying I have wine on my jeans and everyone sitting in the back is covered in MUD.

I want to think all my friends for helping make the egg hunt happen....And to Michelle next time I say ride in the back with the kids...JUST SAY NO

No comments:

Post a Comment